Different types of research require different sources. Sometimes you may be asked to use Primary Sources (defined here by Univ. of California at Santa Cruz.) Our collection includes:
Gale Databases now include Kids Infobits (Elementary) and Infotrac Junior (Middle School). The In Context (Global, Science,Opposing Viewpoint, U.S. History and World History) products are excellent for High School reports. These are good sources of electronic reference materials and magazine articles. They do not count as Internet sources. Links to Internet sources for particular assignments will appear here during the year.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica: Now available online
Our Suggested Links
- Contemporary Literary Criticism
- Librarian's Guide to the Internet Literature Index
- Schmoop -- a site with resources about books (and more) including plot, theme, questions
- MLA Style: This is the preferred method for North Attleboro students. Click on Bibliography Styles, then MLA
- EasyBib.com: fill in the blanks and it formats the citation for you to copy.
General Homework Sites
- Information Please: On-Line Dictionary, Internet Encyclopedia, & Almanac Reference
- Education World
- Ask Kids Allows natural language searching
- Spellchecker.org can help you with your writing: grammar, word usage and spelling.
- Khan Academy is a good source of Video Tutorials on many subjects, especially math at all levels.