If you have a research or reference question, you can contact the Reference Staff by calling 508-699-0122 or by emailing ILLNA@sailsinc.org. We can look up obituraries in our microfilm of the Attleboro area newspapers and email the pdf copies. We can also email you journal/magazine articles for your projects or assignments. Just give us some lead time to get you the information.
Best Free Reference Sites (from Library Journal article March 1, 2016)
- American Presidency Project: Our archives contain 116,694 documents related to the study of the Presidency.
- Book of the States: The Council of State Governments continues a long tradition of “sharing capitol ideas” with the publication of the 2015 edition of The Book of the States. Since 1933, CSG has served as a resource for state leaders and a catalyst for innovation and excellence in state governance. The Book of the States has been the reference tool of choice since 1935, providing relevant, accurate and timely information, answers and comparisons for all 56 states, commonwealths and territories of the United States.
- Capitol Words: Dig up some data on the words our legislators use every day.
- Congressional Budget Office
- Discovering American Women's History Online: This database provides access to digital collections of primary sources (photos, letters, diaries, artifacts, etc.) that document the history of women in the United States. These diverse collections range from Ancestral Pueblo pottery to interviews with women engineers from the 1970s.
- Local Food Directories: USDA's Local Food Directories help you locate farmers markets, on-farm markets, CSAs, and food hubs.