Children's Room Rules:
- Responsibility for supervising and insuring the safety and behavior of children in the library or on library grounds belongs to the parent, not the library personnel.
- A child under the age of 7, or whose physical, mental, emotional, or social development requires close parental attention to ensure his/her safety and appropriate behavior, should NOT be left alone anywhere in the library - including in the Children's Room.
- Children between 7 and 9 may use the Children's Room alone unless they require the parental supervision listed in the previous statement. However, an adult must stay inside the library at all times.
- Library staff does not assume a supervisory role while a parent is participating in programs or activites in the library.
Full STEAM ahead! Join us Tuesdays and Saturdays for STEAM activities, including Magna-tiles, KEVA Planks, Snap Circuits, origami, DASH the coding robot, Quincy the drawing robot, and so much more.
Check out our display of Playaways - ready-to-play, audiobook devices that fit in your pocket. No streaming, downloading, WiFi, phone, or CD player needed. Just plug in your own earphones and press play! Our current titles include all of the Harry Potters and Spirit Animals, plus Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Stinetinglers by R.L. Stine, and Dork Diaries.
Your new reader will love our Pete The Cat Loves Preschool Phonics Bag. It contains books and a phonics digital pen that gives an audio and visual response to the child's answers.
We circulate the following Melissa& Doug wooden toys: Take-Along Train, Take-Along Kingdom, Melissa & Doug Horse Stable, and Melissa & Doug Folding Wooden Barn with animals. They each circulate for two weeks with no renewals. The toys must be returned INSIDE and at the Richards Memorial Library only. While you cannot place a toy on hold, you can click on the links above to see if the toy you want is available.
Wonderbooks are here!! Come find your child's favorite picturebook titles now in read-along audio format. Visit us for a demonstration. *Wonderbooks must be returned inside of our library. To Learn more, go to https://playaway.com/wonderbook
Homework Sites for Local Schools
- Everyday Math Online (you will need your login name and passcode.)
- Spelling City: see librarian for a login, then put in 02760 as your zip code and choose your school
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATH
- STEM Activities
- NASA Kid's Club
- Hour of Code Tutorials
Fun & Games
- PBS Kids
- Highlights for Kids
- Make Stuff: Magic Tricks, Recipes, Folding Fun and more
- Fun Quizzes
North Attleboro Schools
- Early Learning Center
- NA School Main Page
- St Mary's - Sacred Heart
- Scholastic Reading Lists
- Kahn Academy has great videos to help you learn math.
- Here are some of the particularly good homework databases. Sign in with your library card number.
- Junior Edition
- Kids Infobits
- Student Edition
- Biography in Context (good choice to find famous people)
- Science in Context
- US History in Context
- World History in Context
- Global Issues in Context