Welcome to the children's room!
Librarians Meredith and Bex welcome you to the children's room, located in the rear of the first floor. Enter the library and walk straight to the back of the building. The room offers a play area with several toys and wooden puzzles, circulating toys, two computers, a large table space for programs and homework, and of course, books and audiobooks! We enjoy assisting our patrons with finding titles, whether new or classic. We can also assist your child with selecting books needed for school projects. Children's DVDs, video games, and parenting books are located in the middle room, just before entering the children's room. Both public bathrooms, located on the basement level, offer changing tables. Please scroll down the page for Children's Room rules.
Super Bowl Voting Display and Leaderboard Results
**UPDATED 2/10: With 90 patrons voting, the Kansas City Chiefs are favored to win over the San Francisco 49ers, 50 to 32!
Chicken is the most favorite food, followed closely by pizza and nachos!**
Check out our display of Playaways - ready-to-play, audiobook devices that fit in your pocket. No streaming, downloading, WiFi, phone, or CD player needed. Just plug in your own earphones and press play! Some series include Diary Of A Wimpy Kid, Dork Diaries, Harry Potter, Magic Tree House, and Spirit Animals.
We circulate the following Melissa& Doug wooden toys: Take-Along Train, Take-Along Kingdom, Melissa & Doug Horse Stable, and Melissa & Doug Folding Wooden Barn with animals. We also circulate Usborne backpacks that include an oversized book with toy. items circulate for two weeks with no renewals. The toys must be returned INSIDE and at the Richards Memorial Library only. While you cannot place a toy on hold, you can click on the links above to see if the item you want is available.
Wonderbooks Come find your child's favorite picturebook titles now in read-along audio format. Visit us for a demonstration. *Wonderbooks must be returned inside of our library. To Learn more, go to https://playaway.com/wonderbook
Children's Room Rules:
- Responsibility for supervising and insuring the safety and behavior of children in the library or on library grounds belongs to the parent, not the library personnel.
- A child under the age of 7, or whose physical, mental, emotional, or social development requires close parental attention to ensure his/her safety and appropriate behavior, should NOT be left alone anywhere in the library - including in the Children's Room.
- Children between 7 and 9 may use the Children's Room alone unless they require the parental supervision listed in the previous statement. However, an adult must stay inside the library at all times.
- Library staff does not assume a supervisory role while a parent is participating in programs or activites in the library.
- We kindly ask that you do not consume food in the room.
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATH
North Attleboro Schools
- Scholastic Reading Lists
- Kahn Academy has great videos to help you learn math.
- Here are some of the particularly good homework databases. Sign in with your library card number.