In response to Governor Baker's latest restrictions, the library has reduced capacity to 25%, which is 19 patrons at a time.
Library response to COVID-19, by Director Frank Ward
At their regular meeting last night the Board of Library Trustees voted to the following in response to the surge in cases across the area. These changes will start on Monday, December 14, 2020 and will remain in effect until further notice.
- Hours of operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM; Friday and Saturday: 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM. The Library Commissioners have suspended their rules regarding hours of operation for this fiscal year.
- Maximum capacity of the building at 40% is 30 people including staff; this will be enforced.
- Maximum stay in the library is 90 minutes per patron per day.
- Masks must be worn properly while in the building.
- The contract tracing sheets must be filled out clearly with full name and a valid method of contact.
- All patrons collecting their holds and not interested in browsing will be encouraged to use front porch pickup of materials.